Wednesday, January 5, 2011

I Am A Technology Whore!

The title says it all.  I love technology - all those useless gadgets that whir and beep and are sooooo darned expensive!  I just spent 15 minutes playing with a 12 year old's iPad.  sigh  I wish I had an iPad.  I'm a bit like the ADHD kid: "Jeez, I really think I should.... SHINY!!"  When I was 12, I played with Barbie and thought the Little House On The Prairie books were Nobel Prize winners.  Now 12 year olds (and younger) have iPads, iTouches, iPhones, iMacs, iPods, iEverythings!

I had the Atari 2600 as a kid which eventually led to the NES and the Sega.... then a dry spell until the PS1.  Of course, every upgrade was a bit of a shock to the system - all those buttons.  When I started gaming, we had a button and a stick.... that was it.... and we LIKED it that way!  I was in my 30's before I had my first GameBoy, and had I not won my XBOX 360 in an online contest, I probably still wouldn't have one.  Something about gaming is soothing to me and I'm proud to be a girl gamer.

A few years ago, I finally caved and bought an iPod.  I had resisted because I thought it was unnecessary when we had perfectly good CDs around.... how wrong I was.  I'm a fickle music listener.  I never know what I'm in the mood for and when the craving hits.  The iPod is genius!  Of course I had to keep buying bigger ones so I could hold all of my music, but now.... everything I own is at the touch of a button!

Other than the iPad, my new jones is the Nintendo 3DS.   slobber  And not because of the 3D (which is soooooo overdone these days!) but because the games coming out for that game system look so damn cool!  So, I've already decided that will be my birthday present.  :)

Well, the 12 year old has handed me his iPad to "protect."  And by protect I mean play!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment